Slider

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming

July 5, 2012

I know I promised some Italy pics this week, but today crept up on me with Wednesday being the 4th of July. Is anyone else confused at what day it is now!?!


Anyways, Italy pics to come next week so for this week I want to talk about swimming. The husband and I swam at his parents' house on Sunday. I asked him to layout with me and that quickly turned into a game of pool basketball HORSE, swimming laps and doing pullups on the diving board. Haha! It was great though. I realized that I need to add more swimming to my workout routine. As I was doing some research on the health beenefits and workout plans to do in the pool, I ran across this article in Women's Health - Best Swimming Workout: Lose Body Fat in the Pool


Try this starter workout: Swim four lengths of the pool at an easy effort (catch your breath at the wall between lengths if you need to). Rest for 30 seconds. Repeat five to 10 times. Try that two or three times a week for the first two weeks. If you haven't swam for a while, use a kickboard for the first four lengths, suggests Robert Pearson, head swim coach at Macalester College in Minnesota. It will help you get used to swimming without having to coordinate your arms and legs.


For a more advanced workout check out the Women's Health - Swimmer's Workout


Do that and drink milk and then maybe you will look like this even at the age of 45! Haha If only it were that simple....


Happy swimming!
Danielle R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan