Slider

Let's Talk Tinted Moisturizers

April 24, 2012

I don't know about you, but I really don't like spending more than 2-5 minutes doing my make-up. Fast, simple, and easy is best for me! Don't get me wrong, I like getting spiffed up when the occasion calls for it, but for my everyday look, I just want something simple and effective. I've never really been a gal who wears foundation, but I really really like tinted moisturizer. In one product, you get skin protection with SPF and an even skin tone to boot! Good things friends, good things. 

I've tried several light foundations/moisturizers, but I narrowed it down to three that I feel are super stellar and work for all skin types so check it out! And YES I've worn all of these, so my review is legit, I promise!



No.1- Erno Laszlo: Shake It Foundation- 48.00. This stuff is crazy fun. When I first moved to Houston, hello humidity, you can't even walk outside for five minutes without sweating because the humidity is out of control! Forget makeup, can I just stop sweating??! Just being honest here...
So basically I wanted something lightweight and oil free for my skin. Erno Laszlo's Shake It Foundation nailed it. This stuff is liquid, literally like water, and you shake it in the bottle then apply it to your skin with a cotton ball. It goes on cool and clean, almost like a toner, but it gives you an oil free/shine free finish, similar to a powder finish without the heaviness of foundation. The only downside is there's no SPF, but you could easily put on your sunscreen before you apply it. This is my top pick if you live somewhere ridiculously hot or humid!! 

No.2- Dr. Perricone: No Foundation Foundation. I LOVE THIS STUFF- 55.00.  It comes in one color which may seem weird, but it adjusts to your skin tone. So weather I look crazy pale in December or more tan in July, I only need one color, one bottle. This stuff is SPF 30, and gives you a perfect even skin tone with a dewy finish. I've received several compliments on my skin when I wear this stuff! I'm telling you, it's awesome! Either that, or people are just being nice :) 

No.3- Smashbox: Tinted Moisturizer- 30.00.This stuff feels so cool on your skin. Literally, cool as in temperature. I can only describe it as being similar to having tree tea oil on your skin, it feels minty fresh, but there's no minty smell. Your skin feels cold for about 30 minutes after you put it on. I love it! I first tried this product about four years ago, and it gives you an all over even skin tone with SPF 15. I bought two shades, one for winter and one for summer. I mixed the shades when my skin was in between colors and it worked perfectly. 

Two Moisturizers I've heard great things about AND want to try are: 

1. Tarte's Smooth Operator-oil Free Tinted Moisturizer-36.00. Tarte is known for making "natural" based products, and this moisturizer is paraben free and the reviews are pretty spectacular! Check out Tarte's website for more details. 



2. Laura Mericer's Tinted Moisturizer- 42.00. This moisturizer is apparently lightweight and can replace your foundation in exchange for a natural finish and a healthy glowing complexion. SPF 20 and Oil free. I've used her primer and it's great, so I'm guessing her tinted moisturizer is pretty fabulous as well! For more details click here.


Do you use foundation or tinted moisturizer? What's your favorite?! 

Kendall 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan