Slider

Eat This, Not That

April 19, 2012

 via
Have you seen these famous books? They have guides that help you in supermarkets, restaurants, deciding what to drink, and even what to feed your kid. Their philosophy is not to diet, but to make healthier decisions with all aspects of eating and their guidebooks help you with that. You can sign up to get an email every week or go onto their website to find the advice.
I wanted to share with you some of my favorites –
1.      Best Cereal – Post Shredded Wheat
Per cup: 170 calories, 6 g protein, 40 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 1 g fat
  
     OK I admit, I have not actually tried this cereal (I love my cheerios!), but I am adding it to the grocery list this week

2.      Best pasta - Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Blend Spaghetti

Per ¼ cup (dry): 180 calories, 7 g protein, 6 g fiber



     I do use this one and it is really good!

3.      Best Milk – Organic Valley Reduced Fat

Per cup: 130 calories, 8 g protein, 12 g carbs, 5 g fat


Also the best chocolate milk - Organic Valley Reduced Fat Milk

Per cup: 170 calories, 8 g protein, 24 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 5 g fat

     I did just make the switch to organic milk… shhh don’t tell the husband!
4.      Best Sliced Cheese - Sargento Deli Style Swiss
    Per slice: 70 calories, 5 g protein, 0 g carbs, 5 g fat


5.      Best Ice Cream  - Breyer's All Natural Mint Chocolate Chip
Per ½ cup: 150 calories, 17 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 8 g fat
So you may have noticed my theme is carbs and dairy. Those are the things I crave the most so I thought I would show that you don’t have to completely cut them out of your diet, but if you make the right decisions and indulge in moderation, you can make it work!
So eat this, not that!
Danielle R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan