Slider

Pretty Pretty Princess

January 27, 2012

I don't know about you, but my childhood was spent playing A LOT of games. Thanks to all of our years "playing" Brainquest as kids, Danielle and I are an unbeatable pair when it comes to trivia. I admit that I was a bit of a tom-boy always hanging out with all the neighborhood boys, but there was nothing like a good ole game of Pretty Pretty Princess with the girls. I think this game spurred my love for jewelry at very young age! I wore those little plastic jewels just about every day, and stored them very carefully in my bright pink caboodle! I'm pretty sure those are considered vintage these days...
Images 1, 2


I love thinking about the things I used to love, how some things have changed, and how some things never will. As I was checking out some of runway collections for Spring 2012, I came across these gems, literally, and I couldn't help but be reminded of my favorite childhood game. Tacky or AWESOME?



via

What was Dolce & Gabbana's inspiration for this Spring collection? Pretty Pretty Princess meets Grandma meets Rainbow Fiesta... I don't hate it!  Check out these funky gemstone necklaces that I would have loved when I was 5, and I still love 'em now!


Clockwise from top left: Dannijo, Tom BinnsShouroukTom Binns


So what do you think....can these colorful sparkly stones be playful and glamourous? My answer is YES and although I may be biased, I think Kendra Scott interpreted this trend spot on this Spring. You be the judge!


Danay

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan