Slider

"Ad"miration & Inspiration

January 26, 2012

I have been a fan of fitness ads since I saw Helen Hunt and Mel Gibson work on a Nike commercial together in the movie What Women Want. You remember it - Mel Gibson's voice talking about the road and he ends the commercial with "The only thing the road cares about is that you pay it a visit once in a while. Nike. No Games. Just Sports."

Obviously ads are made to inspire us to buy products, but I think there is something extra special about fitness ads because they make me strive for that ultimate moment of achievement where you push yourself to the limit.

Since we are well into the first month of a new year, I wanted to try to re-motivate you on your new year’s goals. My hubby and I started P90X this month (more on that later) and waking up at 5 am isn’t the best, but I know that I have not once regretted doing it.
Seeing some ads surface on Pinterest made me want to share my favorites with you. Confession – I am partial to Nike as in the last couple of years I have become a self-aware Nike apparel snob.

Nike Ad via tumblr.com

Cinoa Rouse via Lululemon Blog

Retro Nike Ad via The Runner’s Shop
Nike Ad imgfave.com

Regret via pinterest.com

Really, what I am saying is use whatever brings you inspiration to get moving. Whether it is putting these words of inspiration on your mirror and seeing them everyday or getting a work-out accountability partner, "just do it."

Danielle R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan