Slider

BEFORE & AFTER: 60s Coffee Table

January 30, 2012



I found this coffee table on the good ole classy craigslist. It had this yellowish grayish varnish, alot like the midcentury danish chairs did. So I sanded and sanded and sanded and cried cause it needed more sanding and I was starting to hate this project. But I thought it was an interesting piece and I liked the shelf end. 




After I finished crying sanding I finally got to painting. I used satin black for everything but the top that I stained instead. I spray painted the metal end pieces and handles with hammered silver spray paint. (NOTE: always prime metal!) Then I coated it all with Polycrylic.
It turned out alot more glossy than I intended but... oh well! 

AFTER:






No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan