Slider

Thanksgiving time

November 21, 2012

Happy almost Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving for me is a time to eat too much, be surrounded by loud/crazy family, to take naps, and to drink Bloody Marys. It is one of my absolute favorite holidays (Christmas trumps). It seems to have all the ingredients of a big holiday but with half the stress. You invite family, they come if they want. There are no obligations to be together for Thanksgiving. Which makes me even more grateful when we all do get to be together. For us, it's also the one time of year (not kidding-one) that my family cooks. And since we all want to bake at least 2 things- we end up with 15 items needing to go in the oven and one oven. So we use our wonderful neighbors house to crate food (and last year the turkey) back and forth. See below from last year-- this is a glimpse of my Thanksgiving.
Remember this year if it does get a little stressful, to think about what you are thankful for. A few of mine:
  • My crazy family
  • God's unfailing love for me
  • My dogs
  • Dogs in general
  • My job- we have a love hate relationship, but I'm actually incredibly happy and grateful to have my dream job
  • Hummus and crackers
  • Coffee 
  • Austin, TX

It really does make you feel better just writing out a list of what you are thankful for. I challenge you all to do it. Then sit back, relax, and enjoy Thanksgiving! If nothing else, it's a Thursday without work :)

-Sophee

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan