Slider

Eat Your Wheaties

March 14, 2012

Warning this post is not "necessarily" healthy.


I mean if you are a fan of whole eating and not eating processed food then you could consider this a healthier version than store-bought cereal bars, plus they do have wheaties and oatmeal in them.
My mother-in-law made these little gems and gave me a taste and it was enough to spur me to make 2 batches for my Bible study gals. (I couldn't find the original inventor of this recipe so I can not give proper credit where it is very much due.) 

Oatmeal Bars
Ingredients
½ C. sugar
½ C. butter or 1 stick margarine
1/3 C. honey
½ tsp cinnamon
1 C. diced dried fruit (Craisins, dried cherries or pomegranates)
2 C. Wheaties cereal
1 C. instant plain oatmeal
½ C sliced almonds
(I added about a ½ C. of white chocolate chips to one batch and of course it only upped the already yumminess)

Directions
Grease bottom and sides of 9 inch square pan with butter or cooking spray. In 3 qt. saucepan heat sugar, butter, honey and cinnamon to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Then remove from heat. Stir in dried fruit and remaining dry ingredients. Press mixture into pan with back of wooden spoon. Let cool for several hours then cut into squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

Here is what was left after about 10 girls devoured these. Isn't that a fun tray? Thanks to my friend Emily for the great birthday present! Have you heard of French Bull? I had not, but you should check out their cute products full of bold colors and patterns here.

Cheers to the first time I have ever tried Wheaties!
Danielle R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan