Slider

As Simple As It Should Be

March 20, 2012



Last weekend I packed up my bags and headed to Los Angeles to visit a very dear friend who happens to live on Venice Beach. Yes, she actually lives ON the beach, more towards Marina Del Rey than Venice, but its a beach. Living in west Texas, a beach is hard to come by. I took something very valuable away with me from my time there...
Keep it Simple.
The people/lifestyle are simple. Less stress, more joy. Lots of people go to work around 10Am and the restaurants, clothing trends, jewelery, even the church service I went to in Hollywood, was simple, wonderfully simple.
I Know I take simple things for granted. I feel the need to make everything complex and over analyze every detail until I no longer want to be inside my own brain! Anyone?
I know there is beauty in simplicity. So my advice this week is try to keep things simple, whether it's in your personal life, relationships, spiritual life, clothes, makeup, jewelry, whatever your lovely heart desires:) I think you'll see there's some freedom in the simple things.
Not sure where to start? Here are a few things I've done over the past week that were simple and beneficial for me, feel free to steal one for yourself!1. Wear a plain white T and some comfy jeans. Always classic, always simple
2. Wear mascara and blush only. That's it! Less makeup means looking more radiant in your own skin.
3. Say, "I'm sorry" to someone you've wronged. That alone CAN be enough without a long speech attached, only if you mean it of course:)
4. Try wearing just one piece of jewelry that's meaningful to you. Pick one and rock it! I wore my grandmother's amethyst cocktail ring, it make me think of her.
5. Eat something simple for lunch or dinner! Maybe grilled cheese and tomato soup? It makes me think of my mom and I grew up on the stuff, so it's close to my heart as well as delicious.

I wanted to post some LA pictures for you guys, but I left my camera at my grandfather's 80th birthday party on Saturday, so once it is returned, I'll be posting pictures for you to see.
I'll leave you with a Tristian Prettyman song that is SO wonderfully fitting for this post. I was introduced to her about six years ago and have loved her ever since. She's kind of the peanut butter to my jelly. Enjoy!



Simplify something this week!
Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan