Slider

Prego Workouts

September 6, 2012

Everything you read says to stay active and workout during pregnancy. This will obviously decrease pregnancy weight gain and it is said to provide for an easier labor. I have always been a workout junkie (ie: from my earlier posts on runs, P90X, Insanity and Asylum). However, pregnancy definitely has not motivated me. I think the issue is that I am used to hard core workouts and since I have had to scale back what I am able to do, I have a sort of "all of nothing mentality." I cannot run anymore. I mean I can, but every time I start my bladder feels like it will explode. I have come to realize that working out 3 times a week is good for me. I am used to doing 5-6 days, but my lack of energy and desire to sleep coupled with the fact that it is still over 100 degrees outside, has me lacking for motivation. So here are some ways I have tried to get my workout on even with a bulging belly -

1.) Walking. The simplest of all workout routines. You don't need a thing. I try to walk 3 miles at 15 min/mile pace a couple of times a week.

2.) Recovery videos. I have been using the workout videos I mentioned earlier, but instead of doing the highly intense routines, I have been sticking to the recovery or stretching videos. They provide some good exercises and since my flexibility has definitely decreased, made me continue to reach for my toes (while I can!).

3.) Fit Pregnancy website. Found this workout on Pinterest - The 30-Minute Total-Body Workout and have discovered several other great workouts on this site.

4.) Yoga. I am going to try out a prenatal yoga session in a couple weeks and I am really excited. I think working out with other pregnant women will be good for me.

If you needed any more reasons to get moving during pregnancy, here are 33 convincing arguments  - Fit Pregnancy: 33 Reasons to Exercise Now

via

I do need to invest in some good maternity workout shorts and yoga pants. Let me know if you have any suggestions of stores or websites to find some!

Danielle R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan