Slider

Children are God's Blessings

September 13, 2012

As the reality that I am indeed growing a little person inside of me continues to become more visible every day (hence see pic below - look at that belly). I have an increased awareness that not only are we going to have a baby in our family soon, but also that God has blessed us with this wonderful task of raising him up to be a man of God. 

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him." Psalm 127:3

23 weeks!
This past week I have focused on praying for Graeme and the person that he will become. Here are some verses that have guided my thoughts and prayers.

Paul's prayer for the people of Colosse, Colossians 1:9-14
This is a great prayer to pray for people when you don't know the specifics of what they need.

9 So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10 Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.

11 We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, 12 always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. 13 For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, 14 who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.

Isaiah 44:3
God's promise to us
For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched field.
And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendents and my blessing on your children.

3 John v. 4
My thoughts as a mom and God's thoughts about us, his children
I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

via
In continuing with Kendall's Mumford and Sons thoughts this week....
In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die. Where you invest your love, you invest your life. - Mumford and Sons, Awake my Soul
Danielle R.

1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan