Slider

Tunic Time

August 14, 2012

Hello there, happy Tuesday to you! This week I'm back to fashion and such and today is all about a faaaaavorite piece of mine. Tunics. I definitely gravitate towards them when I'm shopping. Tunics are transitional with a capital T. Worn any way you choose. Tunics look great on practically anyone, yes even if you're short, wide, tall, curvy, skinny whatever. 
If you're short or curvy, go for a solid tunic, patterns can overwhelm your figure. Go for a solid color with a v-neck to elongate your look. Pair it with a wedge, belt it to give you a waist or rock it with a heel and a skinny jean. If you opt for a print, pair it with a short, or rock it as a dress so the pattern doesn't get too crazy. Here's what I mean.

via
Tunics work great for cooler weather too. Especially if they're long sleeved. Pair them with a skinny jean, leggings, boots, or go for a layered look.


If you're thinking, "yeah right, I'll look ridiculous in one of those things" then start with a solid color. Its classic and not too over the top. You can't mess it up!! I promise.
They work as swimsuit coverups, and are perfect to wear when you're traveling, pregnant, or just feeling bloated- cough cough me, after I eat anything Chinese or Mexican. yummo:) Try one one. Mix it up, and see if you don't love them as much as I do. 



 
Tunic and pants from Urban, Clutch: target (9 dollars on clearance ow ow) jewelry: a mixture of Stella and Dot, bracelets handmade from Africa, Ruby James, necklace: my mother's, Sunnies: Vince Camuto

Two people come to mind when I think of tunics. Sheridan French (obsessed with her blog The Southern Eclectic) and Tory Burch. They know tunics. Sheridan's ikat tunics are incredible!! My birthday wish list includes her Petra Tunic in Raspberry. Oh and by the way, they're 50% off right now!! Images below.

Sheridan French's Petra Tunic in Raspberry + Sheridan Shopper bag in Fuschia. That's Sheridan in the picture. Gorgeous and uber talented.



Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan