Slider

Changing table makeover

December 6, 2012

This weekend I finally redid the changing table I bought at "Just Between Friends" huge consignment sale in August. The changing table was $100 and I was determined to make it cute. I probably shouldn't have waited until so late in my pregnancy to redo it given the fact that my bulging belly and inability to squat for any time period at all, made it a bit more difficult. But nevertheless, I got it done and I am so happy with the result!

Thanks to my friend Leslie, for introducing me to Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. It really is magical. No prep needed and the whole project took me a day to complete because it dries so fast! I plan on redoing many other pieces in our house with this paint and the dark waxing method, but I will have to wait until I am a little more agile.

Here are some links I used to guide me in the process -
http://www.anniesloan.com/acatalog/copy_of_How_to_use_the_paint.html 
http://www.thepurplepaintedlady.com/how-to-and-past-workshops/ 

I bought my paint and supplies at the Unique Rabbit in Lubbock, TX. You can check online to find a retailer near you.

Tools
Arles color chalk paint
Normal paint brush (they have ones you could buy, but I just used one I already had
Wax Brush
Small can of clear wax
Small can of dark wax
Cut up t-shirt (to use for wiping off wax and wiping on dark wax for the shelves because the wax brush wouldn't fit)

Pics of the process

Before

After 1 coat of paint

After 2 coats of paint

After applying clear wax, buffing and then adding dark wax and buffing

Final product
I don't know why, but the final pic in the garage doesn't look yellow, but I think it is just the lighting. I didn't do anything but add the accessories once it was in the room.

Happy Thursday!
Danielle R.



2 comments:

  1. Brings a tear (a proud one) to my eye with all these home improvement projects you are doing......... Dad

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan