Slider

A Bid Farewell

December 18, 2012

This is my last Tuesday post on Sunday Hatch! Sad face. I still can't believe Danielle G thought that I, for some reason, should contribute to her beloved and fantastic blog every week.  I'm sure you're wondering this as well!!! What a great adventure this has been for me.
I'll leave you with a few things we are planning for in 2013.

Timeline
January: leaving for a cruise with the family! YAY! Going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Mexico! Ow ow!!
February: starting our entire master bathroom/closet/bedroom/hallway remodel. This is frighting. I'll be calling Danielle G for design advice, and just advice in general, given that's she's been through a remodeling process already:) Here are a few bathroom ideas I have floating around in my head.

via

And in the Spring/Summer: hopefully we'll be expanding our family?! Human family:) God willing that is. Here's our Christmas card this year with our children:)

Paul, Kendall, Moose and Bear
I can't help but share a little "life lesson" on my last post! I've recently realized how incredible it is to have PEACE in my life, the peace that surpasses all understanding...what a sigh of relief.

To be honest, it's a struggle to not make Peace circumstantial in my own life, but to continually have it, no matter what craziness is going on around me. Especially this time of year.

I've learned that I CAN NOT have peace without praise and without thanking the good Lord for all his blessings. This is difficult because I often focus on what I do not have or what I wish I could change, but the truth is...I HAVE SO MUCH. I have a VERY blessed life. When I truly have gratitude, peace naturally flows from that place. They go hand it hand it seems.

May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and PEACE as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other. None of this going off and doing your own thing. And cultivate thankfulness. Let the Word of Christ have run of the house. Give it plenty of room in your lives. Instruct and direct one another using good common sense. And sing, sing your hearts out to God. Let every detail in your lives, words, actions, be done in the name of the Master Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way. (the message) Colossians 3:15-17

I'll leave you with a little quote via Graham Cooke. (When you read this, imagine a British accent. The man is from England for goodness sake).

"You have the presence and peace of God whether you feel it or not. There are going to be great, fabulous, glorious days when you will feel it because God is tangible and He loves to be tangible. But you’re going to have great, marvelous, wonderful days when you’ll have to trust that He’s there, and not trust on your emotions or your own understanding, but just have that simple place in your heart, “God said it; I believe it; that jolly well settles it. He’s here. He’s here because He said He would be.” And that has to be enough. It’s always going to be enough."




So no matter what may be causing you to feel flustered or out of sorts this time of year, I hope you know that no matter what, you have Peace available to you, at all times, without a question. Exercise that gift.
I bid you farewell friends! 

Kendall


1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I'll miss all your updates! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan