Slider

Beauty is fleeting...

February 23, 2012


That verse has really been on my heart the past couple of weeks. Maybe it is because I am going through a Beth Moore Bible study on "So Long Insecurity." I know, like many women/girls, my insecurity stems from my desire to have perfect outer beauty. I love that God knew we as women would need some extra guidance in this area and He had Proverbs 31 written for us. I mean who doesn't want to be "clothed with strength and dignity" and be able to "laugh at the days to come" (Proverbs 31:25). 

The thing that has been penetrating my heart about Proverbs 31:30 is that "beauty is fleeting." I know God wants us to be healthy. 1 Cor 6:19-20 talks about using every part of your body to honor Him as we are bought with a price and we are not our own. But what is our motive when exercising and eating healthy? Is it really for the Lord or is it till fill our own pride? Wrong motive is at the root of insecurity. 

How can I be so committed to working out everyday and sometimes even at crazy morning hours, yet fail to spend time feeding my soul with His good Word and wisdom? Spiritual health is the most important aspect of our being. So as I continue to build my outward strength, I will look more inward at where my help comes from (Psalm 121:2).

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan