Slider

Yellow Hater

August 21, 2010


I've never been a yellow person. Sadly, upon moving in, ALL of my house was painted in different shades of yellow. Well, I take that back. One was baby pink and the other baby blue. So I have started the last leg of the journey to cover up the yellow!! Started painting last night- a crisp "wheatstone gray" as Martha calls it.

Apparently, yellow is super happy and cheery, and sells houses faster.... so I feel like a "happy hater" painting over it all with my gray browns and whites. So here is my attempt to apologize to yellow and all it stands for.

This blog "Words to Shoot By" gives its members a word and then they take three pictures to represent that word however they see fit. I could not be more in love with this...





3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for paint! I feel the same thing about pink... I just don't like it... Give me earthy with espresso browns, olives & burnt orange.... if it is pink... it has to be... muted berry brown.... ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Hater! I actually don't really like bright bright yellow either, but I do really really love mustard (the colour AND the condiment!)

    And gray and mustardy yellow are such a pretty combo! Maybe you could put a few yellow things on your wall?

    Words to shoot by is a great blog, isn't it? I'd love to do something like that, but I'm not very good at participating in things.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan